Prev: Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of Human Space)) Next: Re: Star Trek background (was... something else)

Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of Human Space))

From: "EPICS: Self-Guided Wilderness Tours" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:27:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Stars (was: RE: [OFFICIAL] Background thoughts(Size of Human Space))

>Alternately, you can check out the Near Star List in 2300 AD, which
>lists all stars within 50 ly of Sol, and (if you buy the Kafer
>sourcebook) 25 ly (I think) of the Kafer homeworld.  (There's a good
bit
>of overlap in there, though.)	All in all there are roughly 750 stars
>listed there... it's based off the second edition of the Gliese Star
>Catalog, IIRC, and some of the data changed in the third edition, but
>what the heck.

And I thought it was 'Joachim Heck'...	;-)

Who, btw, pointed me towards:

    http://adac.mtk.nao.ac.jp/index.html

I haven't had any time to bring up a browser to look it over, so you
guys'll have to explore it w/out input from me.  ;-)

Mk
-
I'm not giving in to security under pressure,
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure,
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams -
Experience to extremes...experience to extremes....
					   Rush - "The Enemy Within"