Prev: Re: United States Civil War Next: Re: Weber/White Books (contains SPOILERS)

Re: Looking for Combine GEVs

From: "EPICS: Self-Guided Wilderness Tours" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 08:44:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Looking for Combine GEVs

>	I went down to my game store today and to my surprise I found
that they
>had tossed all of their Future Wars minis into the discount bin (DSII
is
>NOT very popular at Adventure Games Plus).  Jumping at the oppertunity
>picked up a whole bunch of tanks and infantry figs for use primarily
for
>OGRE and the occassional game of DSII.
>	All I need now are some sort of hovercraft models to represent
GEVs.
>IMHO, the best GEV minis were the North American Combine GEVs from the
>original Ral Partha OGRE line.  Does anyone know where I can get some?

I attended an SF convention earlier this year and found a dealer who had
a literal small ton of OGRE/GEV minis for sale. I thought his prices
were
a tad steep, wasn't thoroughly thrilled with the paint jobs on some of
the
minis, but he *did* have GEVs (Combine; I picked up 12 :), an Ogre Mk
III
(did not pick up; hideous paint job, and wanted $30), and an Ogre Mk V
(*did* pick up, primed only, asked $35). He still had more minis left.

No, I don't know who it was, but my point is go to conventions, check
out
the dealers room. You never know what you may stumble across...

Mk
-
ENEMY WANTED: Mature, lone, North American superpower seeks hostile
nation
for arms racing, third world conflicts, threat inflation, mirror-imaging
and general bellicose posturing. Must be sufficiently menacing to
frighten
more money from Congress. Nuclear capability preferred, chem-bio or
near-nuclear considered. Technologically backward, yet fierce applicants
will also be considered. Must be able to taunt, harangue and bluster in
local
and international media markets. Location: Earth, anywhere, preferrably
near
strategic petroleum deposits, major population or economic centers.
Please
reply with picture of chanting troops, tank battalions, atrocities,
screaming
fighters, etc, to: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Pre-emptive
attacks
welcomed. Please, no micro-cell terrorists.

Prev: Re: United States Civil War Next: Re: Weber/White Books (contains SPOILERS)