Prev: Mailing list games Next: FT-RPG Online

Re: Looking for Combine GEVs

From: Tre Chipman <tre@i...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 18:38:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Looking for Combine GEVs

At 02:07 PM 9/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all:
>	I went down to my game store today and to my surprise I found
that they
>had tossed all of their Future Wars minis into the discount bin (DSII
is
>NOT very popular at Adventure Games Plus).  Jumping at the oppertunity
>picked up a whole bunch of tanks and infantry figs for use primarily
for
>OGRE and the occassional game of DSII.
>	All I need now are some sort of hovercraft models to represent
GEVs.
>IMHO, the best GEV minis were the North American Combine GEVs from the
>original Ral Partha OGRE line.  Does anyone know where I can get some?
>
>Later,
>Mark S.

Yeah, nobody builds a GEV like the Combine... Good ol' post apocalyptic
used-to-be-American know-how, if you ask me (<insert nostalgic sigh>).
I've tried to get my hands on a pack of them for years, seems like; I've
even scoured booths at Dragon*Con for the past 2 years, but nada.
However, I seem to recall reading somewhere (on the SJ Games site,
perhaps?) that Ogre Minis is up for reprint/re-release, so it could be
that
they will go back into production.  According to the Ogre page on SJ
Games,
they are "still looking at various options, including granting yet
another
license, custom casting of metal miniatures, or plastic vehicles."
There
may be hope yet.

Take care,

Tre

Prev: Mailing list games Next: FT-RPG Online