Prev: Re: What I want (really!) Next: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

From: "Neil" <morg@i...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 04:32:29 -0400
Subject: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC

Dear people

I don't want to keep this thread going, honest, but I just had to put my
two pence worth in, sorry in advance.

I agree that it was a pretty stupid post, but the guy has said sorry. As
Joachim said we are all pretty mature, those who aren't well...

To be blunt you probably have to live in a monestary not to hear the
offending word almost daily.  To miss it you must never go to a bar, or
watch the tv or a movie.  So lets not get out of our prams about it,
hey.

I also don't get the 'mixed audience' bit in Mikes reply.  Does he mean
don't swear in front of children, women, pets...?  Any or all may or may
not be reading this group.  Again I would imaging that all the segments
of
society I mentioned hear the said word daily, my dog certainly does and
usually from me.

The said word is such a common part of the language now that any shock
horror about its usage has surely passed.

As I said at the start of this I do not want to get into a prolonged
wrangle about this so this is my only forray into this topic, you can
answer if u must but I won't say any more on the topic.

Oh and by the way Joachim in normal usage the word is spelt fuck not
fucke.

Wow this is getting longer than I had hoped.

Mike also said in his reply:

>Where have you been? And who are we to pass judgement on someone's
> creative ideas in anything other than play balance? Content is an
> issue that reaches far beyond an individual's conceptualization of
> idiocy.

Mike in a free society I'll pass judgement on anything I damn well
please
and tell anyone I want to about it, simple as that.  I would also fight
defend your right to do just the same thing.  So if you disagree with me
thats fine and thats what freedom of expression is all about.

Here endeth the lesson.

Sorry about the length of this.

Neil

ps

By the way way if any of this is not spelt correctly, don't tell me I
don't
give a f**k.

Prev: Re: What I want (really!) Next: Re: BAD LANGUAGE/OFF TOPIC