Prev: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU Next: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU

Re: Free Tex-Cal

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 23:18:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Free Tex-Cal

At 10:46 AM 9/3/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>> This is petition for Free Cal-Tex to be rightfully named Free
>Tex-Cal.
>>> Its either that or Texas wants to secede from the Cal-Tex Union,
>making
>>> it Free Cal-Ex-Tex.
>>
>>I second that motion! Any of you Cal types want to say anything?
>
>You guys *do* realise that its Free because nobody wants to buy it...
>now they are having trouble giving it away... soon the ad will go
>Cal-Tex-We'll-Pay-You.
>
>Michael "Wargh" Rutherfurd

Donkey's years ago I had a temporary job as a newspaper indexer,
indexing
"The Scotsman".  As well as the daily news indexes, we took it in turns
index the "Hatch, Match and Dispatch" columns from the paper going right
back to its beginning.	There were all sorts of interesting little
stories
in those old back issues;  I remember  seeing a classified ad offering
"the
navy of the late Republic of Texas" for sale (I think there were 3
ships,
maybe a frigate and a couple of sloops).

cheers,
Rob Paul

"
Rob Paul
Dept. of Zoology
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!
"

Prev: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU Next: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU