Prev: Re: Just a thought (a little long) Next: Re: Changing Die Types

Re: Stargrunt II - WW II

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:51:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II - WW II

> Rather than buying a WWW II ruleset I thought why not use Stargrunt,
the
>  first fruits of this idea lie below. I am not sure how well the
command
>  & control system fits but I guess quite well, even if I have to make
>  everything worse (yes, even the SS!).
>
>  STARGRUNT II
>  WW II WEAPONS
>  Weapon		Range	Firepower Impact Example
>  Pistol		Close	1	D4	<= 9 mm P
>  Heavy Pistol Close	1	D6	.45, .455
>  Shotgun		Close	1	D10	12-Bore Pump
>  SMG		Close	3	D8	MP-40, Thompson, Sten...
>  Carbine			1	D6	M1 Carbine
>  Machine Carbine		2	D6	M2 Carbine
>  Assault Rifle		2	D8	StG 44
>  Bolt-Action Rifle	1	D10	Kar 98k, SMLE...
>  Automatic Rifle		2	D10	FG 42, BAR
>  SAW			D6	D10	Bren
>  LMG			D8	D10	MG34, MG42
>  MMG			D10	D10	Vickers, .30 Browning
>  HMG			D10	D12	.50 M2HB
>  Anti-Tank Rifle		1	D12	Boys
>  Panzerschrek 	D10	D12*
>  Panzerfaust		D10	D10*
>  Bazooka			D10	D10*
>
>  These are just a few quick ideas, untested and untried. I think there

>  are maybe too many of them but better too many than too few.
>  I am not very happy with SMGs.

I've been toying with ideas for WWII Stargrunt as well, so thought I'd
throw
in my thoughts.  I've seen a suggestion somewhere to give the US M1
rifle a
FP of 1.5 since it was a clearly better rifle than that used by the
other
nations.  Not sure if I think that is worth the effort.  I'd also change
the
AT rocket values around a bit.	The panzerfaust had the largest warhead
of
the three but was the least accurate.  The Bazooka's warhead was
smallest.
 The bazooka would not penetrate the frontal armor of most German tanks
and
had trouble with the side armor on many.  I seem to recall that the
bazooka
was even more accurate at ranges than a panzershreck, but it's probably
not
worth modelling.  My values:
Weapon				   Firepower	   Impact
Panzerfaust			       d8		  d12*
Panzerschrek			     d10		d10*
PIAT					  d8		      d10*
Bazooka 			       d10		  d8*

Some thoughts

Brian

Prev: Re: Just a thought (a little long) Next: Re: Changing Die Types