Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: Changing Die Types

Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here..

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 02:40:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here..

> From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@sympatico.ca>
> A DS2 and SG2 supplement is needed. A lack of alien rules (the same
> criticism as early Traveller, funny enough) is stopping some people
from
> trying the game. So is the lack of a point system. I'd rather see a
DS2
and
> SG2 supplement come out before FT3 but I seem to be in the minority.

I too would like to see more for SG2 in particular, including some sort
of
point system to aid in designing secenarios at least. As for FT2 - it
isn't
really broken, seems to be spreading (at least here in Aust.), and from
reports the competition games that are being played seem to be going
well.

My feelings on SG2 are for a 'points system'  that is of a type that has
per squad/unit value in the vein of DBM/DBA/DBR, rather than an "Evil
Empire"(tm)(c)(etc.) system where you seem to have a value for every
button
on a figure's uniform.

Bruce S. R. Lee

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: Changing Die Types