Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here..

Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:49:30 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

>>I also like the idea of a fantasy version of the FMA rules, but it
would
>>be more helpful to introduce more people to DSII and SG if we had more
>>than just the rulebooks for them.
>
>I agree wholeheartedly.

As do I.  I've had a long hard look at the FMA system after Jon's
original
post and have seen that it is easily adaptable to a fantasy setting and
provides a great amount of realism for it.

>A DS2 and SG2 supplement is needed. A lack of alien rules (the same
>criticism as early Traveller, funny enough) is stopping some people
from
>trying the game. So is the lack of a point system. I'd rather see a DS2
and
>SG2 supplement come out before FT3 but I seem to be in the minority.

Well, add another to the minority.  I would much rather see expansions
made
to the SGII and DSII games than to see FT get an overhaul.  A Fleet Book
with expansion rules to give a taste of FT3 would keep most people happy
for
a while while SGII and DSII supplements are well overdue.  Perhaps there
could be a combined publication for SG and DS detailing the aliens and
other
stuff.	They are closely linked and so I think a combined supplement
wouldn't be too out of line.  Except maybe for Jon's profit margin! ;-)

-Kelvin.....

 "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
  "I think so Brain but, horizontal stripes on
       trousers make me look fat.  Poit!"
	    -Pinky and the Brain
       email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here..