Prev: When is a Dread Pt2 Next: Re: GZG catalog

Re: Mounting fighters

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:42:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Mounting fighters

In message
<Pine.A41.3.95b.970728101142.50646B-100000@homer13.u.washington.edu>
	  "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I'm finally getting around to dealing with the fighter minis for FT
and am
> looking for some ideas on mounting.  Personally, I'm tossing the
Geo-hex
> bases -- will probably cut off the nobs and sand flat for mounting a
> larger ship or VTOL.	Here is what I thought of:

   [ snip ]

> Any other ideas?

I use a 1" square wooden, with 3 fighters mounted on pins
stuck into it. Behind the fighters, I've blue-tacked a small
sheet of paper, with two number tracks on it:

	 123 01
	 456 23

Into each track, I stick a pin (I use map marker pins, the
type with big colourful knobs on the end). The left hand track
marks the number of fighters, and the right hand track the
number of endurance turns left. As fighters get destroyed/fight
you just move the pins down the track.

A (not very clear) picture of this can be seen at:
  www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/FullThrust/Photos/Stuttgart.jpg

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: When is a Dread Pt2 Next: Re: GZG catalog