Prev: Re: GZG Online Catalogue Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

Re: Emergency Thrust and Emergency Turns

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@b...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:53:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Emergency Thrust and Emergency Turns

Jon(top cat) wrote:

 > Well this looks good ,will have to try it out.
 > You might want to limit it , say depending on the size of the
 > ship eg escort 1 attempt
 > cruiser 2 attempts
 > capital 3 attempts
 > to represent the fact that much larger engines mass wise can take
more
 > punishment, and to stop destroyers behaving like 'fighters' on lucky
die
 > rolls.

 That is a good option but I had forgotten to include another modifier I

 had thought of to limit its use.  For each attempt (for either
Emergency
 Thrust or Emergency Turns) after the first in the same battle, there is
an
 additional +1 (cumulative) chance of engine damage AND the result of
 engine damage without any additional thrust or turning ability.

 Example: 3rd turn attempting either Emergency Thrust or Turns, thrust 4

 ship, both prior rolls have been successful, trying for an additional 2

 points of thrust. On a roll of 1 - extra thrust no engine damage, 2-3 -

 extra thrust but engine damage, 4-6 - no extra thrust and engine
damage.

 Dean
 dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com

Prev: Re: GZG Online Catalogue Next: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]