Prev: Re: GenCon: Yet another review Next: Re: Emergency Thrust and Emergency Turns

Re: GZG Online Catalogue

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:40:36 -0400
Subject: Re: GZG Online Catalogue

>On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Paul Owen wrote:
>

>> *** URGENT ***
>>
>> GZG have just upped their prices due to VAT these new prices are in
>> affect NOW and can be found at the web site.
>
>Hm. Isn't VAT the tax you don't pay (or re-claim in the customs once
>you leave the country) if you're a foreigner?
>
>Should we non-UK residents pay the VAT? ...or is that non-EU
>residents only? I have to pay the Swedish equivalent of the VAT on
>all official orders from the US, but not from the UK...

I was wondering about this.  Last time I was back in the UK I bought
some
stuff and just for the heck of it I asked if I could have it VAT free.
The
answer was no, but I could claim the VAT back.	I'm not sure how to go
about doing that yet, however,	I'm sure people living outside of the UK
can claim VAT expemption.  I used to live in Newcastle where we got a
lot
of Norwegians comming over to shot tax free, I guess it's just a case of
finding out how to claim the VAT exemption.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: GenCon: Yet another review Next: Re: Emergency Thrust and Emergency Turns