Prev: new Stargrunt minis Next: Re: USCMC in Stargrunt II

Re: Drake's The Tank Lords (was Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co.)

From: "John Kinder" <JKinder@w...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:50:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Drake's The Tank Lords (was Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co.)

	Greetings All,
	I guess Drake and Jim Baen have to make their mortgage payments
somehow
and if we keep buying repackaged anthologies they get to enjoy their
retirements! "The Tank Lords" included the entire novel "Rolling Hot".

John Kinder
Jkinder@worldnet.att.net

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
 abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact"
George Elliot

> From: Christopher Weuve <caw@wizard.net>

> Is it the novel _Rolling Hot_, or a short story by the same name?  My
copies
> at home, but I didn;t think they were the same.  Of course, I could be
way
> wrong.
>
> Drake's books can sometimes be confusing, because there is a lot of
double-
> dipping.  For example, first we had collection of short-stories and
background
> interludes called _Hammer's Slammers_.  Then the short story "The Tank
Lords"
> was published, in Pournelle's _There Will Be War_ series, IIRC.  The
_HS_
was
> reissued with "The Tank Lords" added to it.  Now there is a new book,
_The
> Tank Lords_, which not only includes "The Tank Lords" AND the
interludes
from
> the original _HS_, but it also incliudes "Rolling Hot", which may or
may
not
> be the sum contents of _Rolling Hot_, which I'm now beginning to think
may not
> have been a novel but a collection of three novellas or so, one of
which
may