Prev: Re: AutoMated SSD's Next: Re: Computer System Survey

Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:30:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

Thanks to Allan for giving FS a Dreadnaught playtest.  I'm not
particularly well versed in the technology or history of that period so
my
modifications were straight adaptations from FT.  I think I'll have to
do
abit more research on that area to get the rules to fit well.

Some other considerations that may be applicable -
Quick firing guns did not occur as much in the larger calibres in this
period. Perhaps A batts will get the added range band but not 2 dice at
medium?  Or perhaps grouping more guns to form 1 A batt (3 for 2, 2 for
1
and 1 for 1?)

Allan's suggestion for having capitals have armor 3, cruisers armor 2
and
destroyers armor 1 may work out also.

Since deck armor is not very prevalent, perhaps when crossing the T and
firing down the deck(i.e. hitting from directly fore or aft of the
target), hits are calculated against the deck and not the hull.

Torpedoes may also be a problem since few ships had torpedo bulges or
large amounts of compartmentalization.	This may require increasing
damage
done by torpedoes.

This was a really good set of comments by Allan since it shows which
areas
need work and suggests ways to improve them.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: AutoMated SSD's Next: Re: Computer System Survey