Prev: Re: Scratchbuilt Fleets Next: Re: Berets and other head varients.

RE: Scratchbuilt Fleets

From: david@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:54:44 -0400
Subject: RE: Scratchbuilt Fleets

In message <871401133.0621367.0@kryten.acs.bolton.ac.uk> "Steve Pugh"
writes:
> Mikko wrote:
>
> > Don't buy entire shells -- the pellets should be available
> > separately for use in muzzle loaders and reloading. Those shouldn't
> > require a license to buy, unless brits are considerable sicker than
> > I thought.
>
> I'm not sure. I do know that a friend of mine had to get a shotgun
> license before being able to fire a matchlock musket at civil war
> re-enactments.

Well... thats because a matchlock musket is, like, a *gun*. Goes
bang, kills people, needs to be kept away from the irresponsible.
A shotgun in British law is a smoothbore weapon with <2" bore and
barrel greater than 24". Many reenactment cannons are therefore
officially "shotguns".

> So it's conceivable that even the pellets are only
> available to those with a license.

I doubt it. We had a few jars knocking around the physics labs at
school.

> After all what else could you want them for? ;-)

Poisoning your environment. Say, are the Americans still allowed
to own lead stuff...? I mean, does their highly-responsible
government trust them not to eat it, or whatever...?

How long before the EU bans it?

--
David Brewer

"Richard did and said nothing about the princes, and thereby confirmed
the general belief that he had had them put to death (a belief since
accepted by the great majority of historians)." - Prof. Charles Ross

Prev: Re: Scratchbuilt Fleets Next: Re: Berets and other head varients.