Prev: Re: RE Metal vs Plastic Next: RE: Berets and other head varients.

SG II Alternative models

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 18:29:16 -0400
Subject: SG II Alternative models

>Stuart Murray wrote:
>I would just like a few to put in with ordinary NAC models to make
>the unit look a bit different.
>
>> As an aside, how about some head variants of the NAC with berets.  I
>> know there are some NAC troops with berets but I would like so see
>> more.  Then perhaps I could field a unit or two of paras.
>
>I'd rather not have the berets. Real troops don't go into battle
>without helmets.

I can think of a number of times I've seen troops in action both in
print
and on the TV when they are not wearing helments.  A few examples off
the
top of the head are British army troops in Northern Ireland, IFOR troops
in
Bosnia, UNPROFOR troops almost anywhere, jungle troops, or paras/marines
anywhere and special forces/secret squirrel types which almost never
seem
to wear helmets.  It seems to me that there are a number of cases where
soldier would not want to wear a helemet, instant recognition (UN
troops,
paras etc), helmets are heavy and sweaty (jungle troops) and so on.
Plus,
of course, I quite like painting my troops with berets, which for me was
the major reason.

>> OK so if I'm on a what I'd like to see in SG II miniatures mode here
>> is a bit of a list:
>[snip]
>> Vehicle crews with SMGs
>
>There already are generic vehicle crews in the SL range.

I forgot about those.  On looking at them it seems they are not really
dismounted troops as much as diorama type troops.  What I really meant
was
vehicle troops which were forced to dismount and fight on, light
fatigues,
light weapons etc.  I guess the SL range will do for now though.

>> Medics !
>
>Combat medics? or MASH types?

Combat, guys with light weapons/SMGs and medical equipment to accompany
platoon.

>> Door gunners for VTOLs
>> Light infantry for the NSL
>> Gurkas
>> Mortars and Crew
>> GMS/H ground mounts and crew
>
>How about doing some GMS/L teams first?

There are GMS/L which are hand carried, I meant the equivalent of MILAN
type teams man portable but not individual weapons.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: RE Metal vs Plastic Next: RE: Berets and other head varients.