Prev: Re: Metal vs Plastic vs Resin etc. (longish) Next: Re: damn super dreadnoughts

Detachments & actions in SG2 (attn jon)

From: "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee@w...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 07:19:41 -0400
Subject: Detachments & actions in SG2 (attn jon)

I have been re-reading the rules for detachments in SG2, and I seem to
have
found an anomoly.

The rules seem to state fairly clearly that to charge, a Unit must have
2
actions which are expended by the charge. In the section dealing with
detachments, it gives an example for the reasons for detaching a group
as
"detaching a SAW gunner and his loader as fire support while the rest of
the squad charges...".

As I read it, the leader loses one action immediately and has to use the
other one to activate the  SAW detachment if he wants fire support ( the
detachment then gets 2 actions). If the leader stays with the main body,
he
does not have enough actions to charge, and if he stays with the SAW
detachment, he does not have enough actions to order the firesupport.

There seems to be something I am missing here, can someonepoint out what
it
is please?

regards

Bruce S. R. Lee

Prev: Re: Metal vs Plastic vs Resin etc. (longish) Next: Re: damn super dreadnoughts