Prev: DSII Counters available at... Next: RE: damn super dreadnoughts

Re: damn super dreadnoughts

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 16:55:40 -0400
Subject: Re: damn super dreadnoughts

In message <33E5DF9B.B9A@flash.net>
	  Christopher Pratt <valen10@flash.net> wrote:

> Ok, new question...
>
> whats the best way to down a superdreadnought, much like the one from
> the FT rule book, aside from another superdreadnought.
> and don't tell me massed beam fire because it has 3 screens
> and i tried a strike crusier from the MT rules book, the one with 2
> pulse torps, the dreadnought gutted with a single salvo before it go
> anywhere near torp range.....

Beam weapons are definitely only of use against small
ships. Pulse torps are good - if you can get within
range, as are wave guns.

Missiles can cripple a SD (if they hit), but one of
my favourite options are heavy torpedo fighters.
The latter crop up quite regularly in our games, and
I generally field half heavy interceptors and half
heavy torp fighters - the former to stop the enemies
own torp fighters.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: DSII Counters available at... Next: RE: damn super dreadnoughts