Prev: Re: Turned Tables...... (Fiction, long) Part 2!! Next: Re: Ship Prefix's

Table positioning, etc...

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 01:21:27 -0400
Subject: Table positioning, etc...

>> setup will spin on the heading base. (Obviously, the heading base
should
>> always be positioned relative to the table's "12 O'clock" position,
or
>> else it'd be pointless.
>
> I beg to differ. There is no real reason why ships should follow
absolute
> courses relative to the table.

Yes, you're quite right, but then you have people playing with (or is
that
against?) you that want ships' courses plotted out relative to the
table's
"12 O'clock" so in this case, it's useful.  And yes, one of our players
is
that picky.

> And quite frankly, unless you are using a gridded table, I can't see
how
> you manage to maintain it without at least a +-5 deg error margin.

Actually, we play on a kitchen table that has a surface made up of 8"
tile
squares, so yes, table positioning is fairly accurate.	Also, the 8"
grid
helps a little in writing ship orders; fairly easy to eyeball where a
ship
moving 12" straight is going to wind up.

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Re: Turned Tables...... (Fiction, long) Part 2!! Next: Re: Ship Prefix's