Prev: Re: What can you write, was Re: B5 Omega Class Destroyer stats Next: Re: Counters wanted

Re: Counters wanted

From: "Magic 8-Ball this, Magic 8-Ball that .. answer your own damn questions!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:47:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Counters wanted

> And while I've got your attention... I was supprised at first to see
> how 'vertically challenged' FT and DS miniatures are. Everything is
> rather flat ... this is just saving metal by not wasting any one the
> sides that you would normally see when playing, right?  The few
> Battletech minis I have are more like 'real models' and not squashed
> flat... did any of this also strick any of you?  I may just be
> approaching all this from a rather different point of view (HA HA, one
too
> close to the table!).

If you dig up an Armor/Armour Tank book and look at the silouhettes
(sp??)
of tanks through the course of history, you'll notice they become more
and more 'flattened' as time goes on. Makes them a smaller target. So,
no,
I don't have a lot of difficulty with the flattened tanks of DS2. In
fact,
they make perfect sense. You don't want to be sticking your head up any
higher than you have to.

As for the FT minis...*shrug* Dunno. I like most of them as is (not
overly
fond of the larger NAC ships, however)

Mk
-
"Yyyes ! Haha!! Tremble before the twin-headed, four-legged eleven foot
tall Engine of Justice that *is* Manuever 14B!"

Prev: Re: What can you write, was Re: B5 Omega Class Destroyer stats Next: Re: Counters wanted