Prev: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)) Next: Re: Off topic-KryoMek

Re: The Posties Back and progs.

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:43:19 -0400
Subject: Re: The Posties Back and progs.

At 14:12 18/07/97 +0300,Mikko K-S wrote:

>Don't recall that, but early WH40K had programmable robots. In WD
100-110
>somewhere I think. And I mean REALLY programmable!

No this would be before WH was a twinkle in its designers eye let alone
40K !! And WD was a force and voice of the gaming world!

>You bought these program counters with points, and assempled them into
>flowchart -like programs. And that's what your robot did, whether it
>made sense or not.
>
>Great fun, especially when someone tried to save on points by skipping
>the "is target an enemy figure?" command... A bit cumbersome though...

Like the idea though...

Jon (top cat)

Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)) Next: Re: Off topic-KryoMek