Prev: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks Next: Re: The Posties Back and progs.

Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...))

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:24:10 -0400
Subject: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...))

At 19:17 17/07/97 +0300,Mikko K-S wrote:

>And if you're really unlucky, you end up with a devil-incarnate that
>tries its utmost to bend the meaning of your rules while staying within

>their letter.
>
>But you can't ever be really sure.
>
>So, if we're given a choice between not producing AIs and producing
them
>but not fully understanding the process -- which do you think will be
>chosen? Especially given that the discoverer will most likely be a
>curious scientist?

Well IMHO you end up with children !
     1-I,m a scientist
     2-I,ve got 2 young & growing AI,s
     3-I'll be b*ggered if I know what sort of self programming
       is going on inside them!

Jon (top cat)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks Next: Re: The Posties Back and progs.