Prev: Re: FT Novels Next: With a name like, "Full Thrustt"...

Re: FTL capable fighters

From: campbelr@p...
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 19:28:04 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters

Fury's are  "short  range" in the Normal space sense of the word, as
far as I can figure. They could make a trip to the moon with ease,
Mars would probably be right out. Though the coarses would be  mostly
ballistic so little or no pilot input would be needed. They could
probably keep on a patrol for 12-14 hours. (We do similar stuff today
with some of our fighters, for ferry missions and such)  but would
probably get fairly uncomfortabel after about 8 or so. Usual air
patrols, (such as over Iraq now) last about 4-6 hours to keep the
pilots fresh.  Combat patrols are usually short duration, out and
back, and last about 2-4 hours including getting to the combat area.
Randy

Prev: Re: FT Novels Next: With a name like, "Full Thrustt"...