Prev: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity. Next: RE: Superships and Fighter capacity.

Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 22:56:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

RE: Jeff Shof's comments

>Actually, I had a question about that limit;  A Nimitz class CVN
carries
>approximately 90 aircraft;  why is a fleet carrier limited to only 36?
Yeah,
>I know this isn't sea warfare, but come on, it's supposed to be a FLEET
>carrier...

>Another question I had is why are fighter bays only limited to Cap.
ships?	A
>large enough cruiser could carry a squad of fighters.....

To me the scale in FT is flexible, so a fighter group could represent
whatever number you designate, albeit with six little boxes to cross
off.
Also as far as I'm aware fighters can be carried by ships smaller than
capital classes, but I think FT implies you can't and MT implies you
can.
Personally I use a house rule so that any ship smaller than capital can
carry fighters and have one launch tube, but fighters must comprise at
least half of it's weapon space. I have a couple of 'pocket' carriers in
my
Oceania fleet.

The main point I'm unsure of concerns what happens to fighter capacity
after 100 mass; I can't find any rules that cover it and superships may
want more than six fighter groups. To be frank it wouldn't personally
bother me how many fighter groups you stacked into a ship, but then
again I
tend to play on a board which is large enough for ships to 'outrun'
fighter
groups if you manage handle the ships well.

Regards,

Kevin.

Prev: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity. Next: RE: Superships and Fighter capacity.