Prev: Re: Berserkers in FT? Next: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

From: "Rutherford, Michael" <MRutherf@n...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 22:06:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

>Another question I had is why are fighter bays only limited to Cap.
ships?	A
>large enough cruiser could carry a squad of fighters.....

Probably to stop people putting together fast, manuvuerable mini
carriers that have nothing but a fighter group on board.

Though I must admit this seems like a viable tactic for Real Life (tm).
Use a cruiser sized ship to provide FTL capability to small expendable
fighers. It is surely easier/quicker to produce a heap of fighters and
replace the odd mini carrier than it is to build a couple of fleet
carriers (or *any* capital ships for that matter).

Michael Rutherfurd

Prev: Re: Berserkers in FT? Next: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.