Prev: Re: SG - Confidence Levels Next: Re: Spinning in place...

Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:45:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Superships and Fighter capacity.

Got a bit to reply to, so I'm going to do it all in one post in order to
cut
down on the mail......

Kevin;

Full Thrust book, page 31, advanced ship design.  Fighter Groups can
only be
added to Carriers and D/Noughts only.  This is in the box at the top,
and I
don't really agree with it.

Parasite Fighters;  I like the idea.  This would work great with the
Cruiser
class sizes if you don't feel like mucking up the above ruling on
fighter
bays.

Hmmmm..... the general jist of the continuing fighter debate is that a
fighter masses "1", but the mass cost for a group and bay is "6".  How
about
jumping that up to either "9" or "12" for internally held fighters, and
leave
it at "6" for parasite fighters?  Or is the Bay considered included in
with
the original mass cost of the cap ship?  Jon?

Someone mentioned the Arley Burke a while back when talking about
destroyers;
a bit off tangent, but I worked with someone who came in one day to say
her
uncle Arley just got awarded something from the Navy, something about
naming
a ship after him.  At that point I said, "What's your Uncle's name?"
"Arley
Burke."  To which I looked at her incredulously and said, "No, uncle
Arley
just got a whole CLASS of destroyer named after him, don't you know he's
an
admiral???!!"  "Well, I guess so. To me, he's always been the uncle that
told
boring stories about serving in the Navy when he was younger....."
Oh well, guess it's just lost on some people...

Does anyone have a list of what the "proper" abbreviations should be for

ships?	I know a carrier is CV, and cruiser is CA (I think) and
destroyer is
DDG, but what are the others?

and Finally....

PA marines v. rednecks; ya forgot one thing, the rednecks suffer in
accuracy
because their rip-roaring drunk, but they do better on their confidence
rolls.	 :)

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Re: SG - Confidence Levels Next: Re: Spinning in place...