Prev: Re: Netscape Next: Re: SG - Confidence Levels

Re: "Inferior", was Re: Just wondering.....

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 13:50:21 -0400
Subject: Re: "Inferior", was Re: Just wondering.....

In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.970707131706.6206A-100000@swob.dna.fi>
	  Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@swob.dna.fi> wrote:

> I don't know... if it's powerful but overpriced, people will play it a
few
> times to see the xyzzygun in play, but sooner or later they will
realize
> the stuff is not worth the cost and either stop using it or change the
> costs.
>
> If it's weak and still overpriced, you might not even get to the
testing
> phase unless the stuff is especially colorful/different. Who wants to
try
> out "mini-laser: exactly as pulse laser, but half damage"?

I've always liked the idea of less high-tech weapons being
more reliable. The AA battery uses this idea - it's powerful,
but has chances of failure.

Going the other way, you could rule that lesser powered
weapons (maybe beams with 9" range categories) have a
very high fault tolerance - they need to fail two
threshold checks before failing for instance.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Netscape Next: Re: SG - Confidence Levels