Prev: Berserkers in FT? Next: Re: Just wondering.....

Re: Spinning in place...

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 02:03:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Spinning in place...

On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Robbie Matthews wrote:

> How exactly does the zero-speed turn option work?

> You must be AT speed 0 at the start of the turn to spin, thus:

We've used this last option, but I think it's STILL too powerful
(in an environment that has fighters capable of engaging missiles and
lacks nova/wave stuff).

It's just too easy for overweight dreadnoughts to slow down to zero,
spin
to engage and pick off smaller opponents through their gunnery
supremacy.

I've actually seen tactics like placing two BBs back-to-back and
spinning
to cover all arcs in anticipation of incoming cloakers. It was just
plain
murder watching one guy try his best and still be outdone by a
zero-thought move.

SO, I changed it to: "Starting your turn at 0 velocity, you may use ALL
your thrust for turning." Which doesn't help the KV one little bit, but
they don't really need it either...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Berserkers in FT? Next: Re: Just wondering.....