Prev: Re: B5 Fifth Season Next: Re: A small step

Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 18:15:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

At 11:43 AM 7/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>	 Just a bit of re-programming, dissociation, and fatalism [heavy
sigh]
>and Praise the Lord that they will spend so much time on this as an
action
>film that they will leave the wonderful socio-political aspects of the
book
>alone!

>From what I've heard, the socio-political aspects will be in the film.
I saw
a trailer for it when I went to see MIB and there is definitely some
time
spent in boot camp. The problem apparently was that CGI was too
expensive to
do for power armour, it was too hot to put the actors in uncooled power
armour costumes, and it was too expensive to create cooled power armour
costumes.

Personally, I never cared much for the original book. Mind you, I read
it
after _The Forever War_ when I was 16. There weren't enough battle
sequences
in ST for me. I'd love to see them do _The Forever War_ as a film,
though...

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: B5 Fifth Season Next: Re: A small step