Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: Names

Re: Just wondering.....

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:21:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Just wondering.....

Jason Stephensen wrote:

> >Do yall only talk about figurines.....

Actually, I do have a few points to make about figs.  I find them a tad
expensive to buy and paint, etc. to go out and buy a whole fleet to use
in FT
and DSII.  Aside from using chits, I have thought of another solution;
Ya
know, Axis & Allies and Fortress America pieces could work REALLY well.

several types of tanks, lots of infantry, other 'funny bits of plastic'
ships.....

One of the thoughts I have had is obtaining either a second hand A&A at
flea market or buying extra pieces from Milton Bradley and whip out the
old
Dremel and do some hack and slashing with the pieces you get.  I can
envision
an awesome set of captial ships using the A&A aircraft carriers as the
main
hull, and patch and glue bits of battleship, submarine, bomber,
whatever, to
make up the interesting parts.	I think even taking the fighter piece
and
doing some creative sanding and facing it backwards could make a
reasonable
destroyer.

Another thought I had (and this one is looney) was to make a "Kitchen
Fleet."
After Dark's Flying Toasters gave me the inspiration.  The FTs would be
your
carriers, with various pieces of toast being the fighters (dark, light,
toast
with jam, toast with peanut butter, etc.).  For the rest of the ships, I

imagine the escort ships would be cans of food (in reference to "Tin
Cans"),
the cruisers would be different types of Can Openers (of course), a
Battlecruiser would be a blender, a Battleship would be a Cuisenart,
Dreadnoughts and SuperDreadnoughts would be frying pans; big, massive,
and if
one hits you, you KNOW IT!

ANyone else have some good suggestions for low cost fig replacements.
Of
course Jon won't; he WANTS us to buy figs!!!  ;)

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Re: Just wondering..... Next: Re: Names