Prev: Re: 25mm? Next: Re: Those Spiky Things

Re: Those Spiky Things

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 12:20:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Those Spiky Things

In message <01IKMUHAQZQADK8EW1@avion.stsci.edu>
	  "Humidity: the experience of looking for air and finding
water" <KOCHTE@stsci.edu> wrote:

> >Well, I've almost finished painting my new Sa'vasku fleet which
> >found it's way to me last weekend (thanks Jon!), and I'm just
>
> Verra nice, aren't they? What color did you paint 'em? Mine are
> a metallic black.  :-)

Black, with silver highlights along the ribs.

> >The second question is down to names. Has anyone started
> >naming a Sa'vasku fleet yet? I'm highly tempted to go for
>
> Names??? Hmmm...hadn't thought of this yet!

What?! How can you even think about fielding ships without
naming them! Heresy! :)

> >translations. For this I'm leaning towards using Culture-style
> >names (as in Iain M Banks). Things like "Peace is Not An Option"
> >or "Forever Seeking Solitude".
> >
> >Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?
>
> "What Do You Want?"

I wonder where that one came from? :)

> "Object In Mirror Is Deadlier than You Think" (written backwards for
>		   the benefit of retreating starships' rear-view
mirrors)

I do like this one! Right, I'm sold :)

> Well...some thoughts.  ;-)

Thankyou!

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: 25mm? Next: Re: Those Spiky Things