Prev: Re : Chits Next: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: Gerald McVicker <gmcvicke@w...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:26:20 -0400
Subject: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

>Ryan Montieth Gill wrote:
>>
>> Let me get this straight... You want to use satchel charges against
>> tanks? Screw that, make up some rules for IAVRs in SG. Why would any
>> infantry unit charge up next to a tank (that probably has  infantry
>> support) and try to stick a satchel charge up under the turret ring.
>
>There already are rules for IAVRs in SG. What do you think the weapon
>stats for Infantry Rocket are for? An IAVR is exactly the same as a
>rocket launcher only it can only fire once.
>
>And using a rocket is ahrdly my idea of CLOSE assault, anyway.
>
>	Cheers,
>		Steve

I give squads in my SG games IVARS...maybe 3 to a squad.  The problem we
had was...who is carrying the damn thing?  I took a Squad Leader
approach
to the thing.  Instead of trying to keep track of who was carrying the
IVAR
we allotted the squad 3 IVARS.	To fire an IVAR the squad had to pass a
leader check.  Roll the quality die, if you roll a 1, either the no one
was
in position to fire the IVAR or the person who is carrying it couldn't
get
the shot off.	Each time one is actually fired subtract it off the
sheet.
The next time you try to fire an IVAR a.) subtract 1 for each IVAR
already
fired and b) subtract 1 for each casualty the squad has suffered.
Example.
A regular squad of six men has three IVAR's.   An enemy APC rolls up in
range and the squad wants to take a pot shot at it with an IVAR.  The
player rolls a D8 for the IVAR and rolls a 3.  The IVAR is fired, but to
no
effect.  The APC opens up with its support weapons and kills 2 of the
troopers.  During the squads next activation, they remove suppression
and
attempt to fire another IVAR.  This time they roll a d8 and subtract 3
(1
for one being fired and 2 for casualties) The player rolls a 4.  4-3 =1
No
one seems to have an IVAR in firing position.  Lower quality troops will
tend to "loose" their IVAR's or at least their nerve to fire it, while
elite troops are more likely to pick it up from a downed comrade and
willing to get in that tanks face to fire it.  Any comments or
suggestions
would be nice.	What do you think?

Jerry McVicker

"Don't worry soldier, weapons will be available in a moment."

I buy my gaming supplies at....

Blackwind and Raddix Gaming
http://www.imagixx.net/~bnrgames
bnrgames@imagixx.net

Prev: Re : Chits Next: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)