Prev: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt) Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

Re: DSII - Big guns vs lots of little guns

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:16:59 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII - Big guns vs lots of little guns

Roll to-hit and draw separately for each weapon. They must be fired at
the
same target unless you have multi-FC.

Whether a big gun is better than multi-guns depends on how you employ
them,
what you target is, and what the terrain is like. I don't think anyone
weapon or setup is best for all situations. That's what makes the game
fun
and challenging.

Paul

At 10:45 AM 6/13/97 +1000, you wrote:
>I've just started playing DSII & I'm wondering which direction is
better
>for tanks, using multiple guns, or only one big main gun.
>One design I've done has a triple DFFG/2 turret (size4), & another has
>SLAM/5 turret (size3).
>Could anyone help with their experience of the effectiveness of each
>philosophy?
>Also, do you roll once to hit with multiple mounts, or roll separately
>for each weapon?
>
>Brendan R.
>Hit'em fast & hit'em hard.  Show no mercy.

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@rahul.net

"Objective, Offense, Mass, Economy of Force, Maneuver, Unity of Command,
Security, Surprise, Simplicity"

15SEP16

Prev: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt) Next: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)