Prev: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

Re: Improvised Turn Guages.

From: Kyle Klingler <kklinglr@f...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:09:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Improvised Turn Guages.

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Kevin Mc Lean. wrote:

> Bob Blanchett mentioned the problems with turn gauges recently, and
that
> made me think that someone might be interested in the type I use.
Basically
> I glue a clear plastic ruler to a clear plastic protractor. Works
fine. You
> can see what's happening underneath (particularly, if you get the
right
> type of protractor with less marks on it). Similarly you just measure
> distance with the ruler.

I haven't tried this yet but an idea I had was to use a base with the
turn
degrees marked on it (like the Geo-Hex bases) and use a thin string
(like
dental floss) with the proper unit measure marked on it.  I've found
that
rulers tend to get in the way when moving the figure while the string
may
not.  The only problem I can see right now would be keeping the string
straight at the figure's destination to maintain the correct facing.
Let me know what you think or have experienced.

*  Kyle Klingler - kklinglr@freenet.columbus.oh.us  "I'm not dumb.   *
* I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."  Calvin  *
*   "I have the strength of madness."  Miaowara Shiro		     *

Prev: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)