Prev: Re: DSII - Big guns vs lots of little guns Next: Conversions (Stargrunt)

RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: "Alfredo Lorente" <alfredo@b...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 05:20:34 -0400
Subject: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

> Whatever happened to the old 'spanner in the works' or metal object
> in the tracks?  There are always weak points in any armour, it's
> just a matter of sticking the appropriate tool into it.
>
> >> There are rules for infantry attacking point targets with both
small arms
> >> (but don't expect to scratch a MBT with your bayonette !) and
> >>  point fire weapons.  Otherwise why would anyone want to close
> >> assault a vehicle?
>
> Maybe they have a satchel charge, AT grenades or plain old molotov
cocktails?
> Or disintegration grenades...

Exactly!  According to an old friend of mine who was on a Mountain
Infantry unit, part of his infantry training was on how to close
assault tanks.	I believe the Egyptians did that in one of the
Arab-Israeli wars (the Israelis had Uzi's vs. rifles in the Egyptian
hands, so after killing a number of soldiers with their better range,
the egyptians just assaulted the tanks with grenades and satchel
charges...)  Mind you, I could be wrong (all this info comes second
hand), but still, tanks *do* have blind spots...

Anybody here ever read _The Art of Maneuver_?  I forget the name of
the author.  If you have, you probably know where I'm coming from...

Alfredo

P.S. ->  I sat down to work on the stats for the
BattleTech/Robotech/Exo-
Squad toys, and I think the rules break down rather quickly.  More
coming up!
Alfredo Lorente
Minneapolis, MN
alfredo@bitstream.net

Prev: Re: DSII - Big guns vs lots of little guns Next: Conversions (Stargrunt)