Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

Re: FT Armor

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:04:20 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Armor

In message <9706062050.AA14084@omnifest.uwm.edu> you wrote:

> and who says armor has to be any one kind?
>
> It could be made of metal, ceramic, crystals, organic ... and in solid
plates,
> spaced/honeycombed, scaley [sp-?] with gooey self-healing gunk between
layers.

> Maybe we can start creating Armor Classes and what kinds of weapons
work best
> against them.  Beams may be able to punch through some types while
other armor
> types just bounce beams off.	A Wave Blast may melt other kinds like
tissue
> paper in front of a blow torch.

Something I've been playing with is different types of beam weapons -
lasers and particle beams.

Lasers do normal damage. Particle beams do double damage BUT particle
beams suffer badly against armour (or shields if you really want to
use the damn things). Something like any armour counts as one level
better.

The problem is the d6 versus max of 4 possible armour levels (0-3),
which gives a rather coarse system which makes giving small bonuses
to certain weapon types rather difficult.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.