Prev: New PBEM Game - NOT FT (off topic) Next: Re: Dexcon 6 - NJ,USA

Re: FT Armor

From: Michael Llaneza <mllaneza@s...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 21:22:21 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Armor

At 3:50 PM -0500 6/6/97, John M. Huber wrote:
>and who says armor has to be any one kind?
>
>It could be made of metal, ceramic, crystals, organic ... and in solid
>plates,
>spaced/honeycombed, scaley [sp-?] with gooey self-healing gunk between
>layers.
>
>Maybe we can start creating Armor Classes and what kinds of weapons
>work best
>against them.	Beams may be able to punch through some types while
>other armor
>types just bounce beams off.  A Wave Blast may melt other kinds like
>tissue
>paper in front of a blow torch.
>
>Hey, this is getting to be fun!!
>
>Sincerely
>
>John M. Huber

Sounds like Dirtside II. Each class of weapons has a slightly different
performance against each class of armour. And that performance varies
by range. I think that's exactly the sort of system you're looking for.

Michael Carter Llaneza	  http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.
A few hundred microseconds lag here, a few hundred there, and pretty
soon you're talking serious time.

Prev: New PBEM Game - NOT FT (off topic) Next: Re: Dexcon 6 - NJ,USA