Prev: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation) Next: PBEM Game - Galaxy G

SAGA SGII report

From: Darryl Adams <root@v...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 05:01:50 -0400
Subject: SAGA SGII report

For those on the list who play SGII, and DSII or FT and live in Sydney
Australia, come to SAGA.

Nick Robsin from Eurkea was there, and I picked up some nice Ocienanic
trrops , done by Nick. While there is only only a few avaiable, they are
very nice with a good mick of races, (a Mouri Heavy weapons and an
Aborigianal tracker). I do miss the giggle hat and the IAVR that the
prototype had, but they are nice and unique.

He also had some bike models with multable rider models. The bike looks
more like a street bike, but I am thinking of a "Light MototrCav" unit,
that rides in on bikes, then dismount and fight. Very Aussie :-)

The Full Thrust game looks popular with 10 players , but Daryl can give
you an update on that.

Myself and Mick Ousley ran a demo for SGII, whith the following scenerio
:

2 Squads of troops (NAC, played by myself) must spot and call in
reinforcements from orbit , against a recon in force (4 squads with
IVF).

This is a variation of a game we played a few weeks ago, but the orbital
insertion changed a lot of parameters.

I recently bought a Patlabour 1/60 scale mecha called a Helldiver,
designed for parachute insertion. A size 4 walker with a MDC4, I thought
after 3 rounds, this baby would kick ass.

It burnt up in re-entry. So did 3 power armour troups (out of 12),
leaving
the rest horribly dispersed and a size 1 walker as well. Since my my
forces already on board was decimated, It was not happy day for the NAC.

Orbital incersion is bad news. As it should be. But it is fun game.

Question : DO Orbitally inserted troops get any actions?

Tomorrow we will play another SGII game, so if you want a game, some on
down, there is plenty of space available for you.

Prev: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation) Next: PBEM Game - Galaxy G