Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: SAGA SGII report

Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 18:21:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Alexander Williams wrote:
>As typical for me when I open my mouth about my political leanings,
>but ... it /doesn't/ scare you to see the people ostensibly 'in
>Authority' who have control of M-16's, MLRS artillery, F-117 fighters
>and literal armies of nicely brainwashed soldiers kept in check only
>by the thought that imposing complete martial law might be opposed by
>'scary looking rednecks with some extra cash to spend'?  It doesn't
>frighten you to know that the criminal element doesn't buy guns
>through the corner gun shop or gun show, he gets them through
>street-contacts /and he gets a better price on them than you do/?  It
>doesn't bother you to think that someone could waltz into your place
>of business at any time, and put a bullet in the head of every person
>they come across until the cops show, maybe up to an hour later?

Chill out dude.  I didn't say it did not bother me, I only stated what
I've
seen with a little sarcasm.  I'm sure we all can all find things from
different corners of the world that are shocking to others.

>Give me free concealed carry in every state and the social mandate
>that you should own a gun and be trained to operate it responsibly,
>anyday.

Based on your rhetoric above, this seems very silly.  Why would anyone
need
to carry a concealed handgun if everyone operated them responsibly?

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: SAGA SGII report