Prev: RE: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing. Next: Re: "Me too" firing.

re: FTIII: "me too" cards & order of battle

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 05:21:20 -0400
Subject: re: FTIII: "me too" cards & order of battle

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, John M. Huber wrote:

<much sniping>

> 5]	  Now, Order of Combat:
>
>	  At the beginning of the Combat Phase each captain shuffles
their deck
> of cards.  Then, as each fleet has a turn, turn up the top card of
your deck.
> That Ship must stand, fire, whatever.  Ships out of range of anyone
are still
> in the deck.	Destroyed ships are taken out of the deck.  Ships whose
> firecons, weapons systems, etc are no longer functioning ... I don't
know.

>	  Again, this works with BattleTech ... perhaps some variation
can be
> worked out with FT?
>
>	  One problem I can see with this is then my mosquitoes [escorts
tf-8
> and 3 needlers] might not get the chance to fire first, knock-out
screen
> generators and then followed up by the A-Battery ships further back!

As many people have pointed out, one of the important tacticle elements
of
FT is the order in which you fire your ships.  This random deal negates
the choice of what ships NEED to fire first, be it to get a shot off
before their dust, drop the shields on X etc.

This is largely how I came to the conclusion that if counters were to be
used to determine order of fire, then players should be able to place
them.

-Entropy

Prev: RE: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing. Next: Re: "Me too" firing.