Prev: *OFF TOPIC* for Brits in the audience... Next: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

Re: Storage & Transportation

From: What was the best thing before sliced bread? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 10:25:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Storage & Transportation

>Up until now I have been storing my FT ships in a fairly haphazard
fashion
>but since my collection has recently undergone a bit of inflation (one
>fleet to four!) I would like to find some more organised way to store
them
>and if possible transport them in the same containers. This is
particularly
>a problem with the capital ships as they don't fit in any standard
figure
>cases.
>
>So, how are people storing their minis? Foam packaging? Wrapped in
>newspaper in an old sock? Any suggestions?

I found, from an earlier discussion on this way back, that handgun cases
work *wonders*. I managed to pick up 2 of the larger handgun cases (the
ones that have 2 levels to them) before K-Mart stopped carrying them
(they
were selling for $11 each). They have foam on the inside (that you can
cut
to fit your minis, or not, at your choice) and the hard plastic exterior
will take punishment without affecting the ships/tanks inside.

Anyone know where one can buy these things cheaply still? Or will I have
drop in on a dedicated gun shop? (been avoiding those with the
impression
the cases would be more expensive there). I need 2 more at minimum
now...

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: *OFF TOPIC* for Brits in the audience... Next: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities