Prev: Re: No more GW bashing! Hehehe. Next: Star Grunts Point System -- the Reason Why

Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

From: Eric Fialkowski <ericski@m...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 19:43:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

At 10:20 AM 5/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 04:11 PM 5/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm all for Stuart's Win95/NT app.

I like the idea too.  I started with an MS-DOS version and tried to
convert
it to windows 3.11 but now that I have Visual C++ 4.2, I thought I'd
convert to 32 bit.  But I'm still learning MFC, I have school, a whole
bunch of other lame excuses.  I have an 80% Linux conversion using
ncurses
:)  Stuart should be praised for going to the effort.

>* A seperate, editable weapon/equipment database so that different
>components can be changed to accomodate house rules and new equipment.
>What would be great is if these could be given different names, so I
could
>draw from different databases for different campaigns or races.

One thing that I'm toying with in my DOS version is weapons that are
mass
based  like cloak.  I'm trying to use a format like this:
3 Arc A Battery, 3, 13, 0
Cloak, MASS / 10 , MASS * 10, 3
(Weapon Name, mass, cost, dependency flag)

That way, new weapons could be added to the database without a rebuild
of
the program.

   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Re: No more GW bashing! Hehehe. Next: Star Grunts Point System -- the Reason Why