Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

From: Thomas Heaney <Thomas@k...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:05:42 -0400
Subject: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

In article <199705222308_MC2-1724-34B6@compuserve.com>, Brian Bell
<PDGA6560@compuserve.com> writes
>I have used the following format on my Full Thrust Ship Registry pages
>with an eye toward the same goal. There are 177 designs posted in this
>format. Roger West also has a "Full Thrust Portable Format" which he
>designed with the same purpose.
>
>Chicago class Battlecruiser
>Brian Bell
>Mass: 40
>Type: Capital
>Clas: Battlecruiser
>Move: 4
>FTL:  Std
>Tech: Human
>Hull: Military
>Strm: None
>Prot: 2 Screens
>Cost: 381
>Damg: 20
> 5
> 5
> 5
> 5
>Syst:
>FCS
>FCS
>FCS
>Screen
>Screen
>AA Mega Battery F
>A Beam PFS
>A Beam PFS
>ADAF

I like the idea of a standard format for ship descriptions.  I'm just
about to start work on a ship design program in Java, but as an
application and not an applet.

It might be a good idea to give each system a ship carries a unique
identifier, such as a number, to clarify what system a DCP might be
working on.  Also, I think that each system should show what fire arcs
are valid, as well as the state of the system, ie destroyed, damaged,
empty(scatterpacks etc.)
--

Thomas Heaney
Thomas@kontos.demon.co.uk