Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

From: What was the best thing before sliced bread? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 23:34:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

>>	  Some of us have a living to make and do not have the time to
waste
>>to generate a common standard to start from before making the myriad
[...]
>Waaah Waaah...Oh yes..the rest of us Stargrunt players are unemployed
and
>unsociable time wasters. We have nothing better to do than run
thousands of..

Hey, guys, come on, okay? Chill, on both sides. This is turning less
than
fun or even interesting to read. This list and its members are a good
bunch
of nuts, whatever side of a discussion they're on. As someone recently
pointed
out (Rob?), this list is one of the few that the *doesn't* cater to
flame
wars and yelling and screaming and stuff. It's an enjoyable list 'cause
the
*members* are enjoyable and have thought-provoking and/or thought-out
opinions
to present in a civil and adult manner.

Isn't it possible to retain these qualities and still have a discussion
about pro/con of points?? Please? I'd *really* hate to see this list
degenerate into fractured sides of violent dispute.

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...) Next: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder