Prev: Re: DG2: Tougher AFV Next: RE: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

From: Darryl Adams <root@t...>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 21:46:27 -0400
Subject: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.

While thrashing the game around for the second time (my and my mate have
spent more time on DSII as we had more figures prepared), we noticed a
few
things.

1. Once we realised that there is no multible dice on armour, weapons et
al, the game is very smooth. The thing that slows things down is
determining damage, but again this is reasoable.

2. Different weapons have different abilities between DSII and SGII.
RFAC-2 kicks ass in SGII! I have almost abandoned them in DSII as they
are
like popguns, but in SGII our APC's where very vicous. The only tank in
the game was a light GEV tank killer that was taken out by a RFAC-2 in
the
first turn!

3. Ranges for vehicals are almost meaningless. Whiel my friend argues
that
all the weapons are too short in SGII, I feel that any target bigger
than
size 2 makes ranges almost obsolete (again my Tank killer was taken out
at
reasonably long range IMHO)

4. POINT SYSTEMS! This is needed for competive play. I tabled 1 squad (8
men) of NAC trrops , 2 squads (4 men) Power Armour, 1 tank killer (size
2)
1 command vehical (size 2)1 Inf walker (size 1) 2 grav APC and 1 Attack
Grav
vehical. The Enemy was 4 sqauds (6 men) (1 support squad with 2  size 1
mobile weapons) , 4APC's, 1 missile APC. I honestly thought he would
win, and
since I set the senerio that my squad was a recon force against a recon
in
force, I gave him a round head start till I brought in th power armour
(by
grav). It ended up a draw with myself as a partial winner as I manage to
halt his company.

5. Weapons : The use of Heavy weapons as man portable weapons is not
clearly defined, and makes things like close assults against them hard
interprate (We desided that since I did not reach him in the firt combat
move, his free shot allowed it to be used, but it got confused in the
actual close combat).

6. Power armour rules!

7. GMS Missiles against infantry is a good thing, better than heavy
weapons, especially if you have multable launchers

------
Darryl Adams
dadams@tig.com.au

"The rich kid becomes a junkie,
The poor kid , advertising,
What a tragic waste of potential
Being a junkie is not great either"

TISM : "Greg the Stop Sign"

Prev: Re: DG2: Tougher AFV Next: RE: Star Grunt 2 : Whenit finaly comes together.