Prev: Re: Weapon Variants for SGII Next: Re:Fw: Missile Question

Re: Weapon Variants for SGII

From: Jerry McVicker <gmcvicke@w...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 11:17:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Weapon Variants for SGII

At 11:36 PM 5/17/97 +1000, you wrote:
>John Crimmins wrote:
>>
>>	   Just some ideas.  I've been translating some of my vast array
of
>> figures into SGII, and I wanted to have some weapons that had a
different
>> flavor to them for some of my more alien troops.
>>
>> First of all, does it strike anyone else as odd that a Flamethrower
is of
>> use only in Close Combat?  I've been using it as a support weapon
since our
>> first game, myself....
><snip>
>No I certainly don't - most flamethrowers will only project about 20
>metres (66 feet I think) - great for scaring hell out of anyone further
>away, but only lethal within that range.
>Brendan
>
>--
I agree.  Flame Thowers are an assault weapon. Used to weed out
defenders
from bunkers, buildings, hard points, etc... I can understand the die
shift
in CC, but I don't think it should be a support weapon.

Jerry McVicker

"Don't worry soldier, weapons will be available in a moment."

Blackwind and Raddix Gaming
http://www.imagixx.net/~bnrgames
bnrgames@imagixx.net

Prev: Re: Weapon Variants for SGII Next: Re:Fw: Missile Question