Prev: Another Stargrunt question Next: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?

Re: Re[2]: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 11:07:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Re[2]: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :)

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Jon Holloway wrote:

> The nova bit *could* work... but it would probably result in waves of
> missiles instead of one huge swarm. Launch just enough missiles to
> warrant the use of the nova/wave system, then launch the rest when
> it is recharging. This *will* increase the missile count needed and
> therefore change the economics. Maybe it would be enough...
>
> How long did it take to recharge those things?

Nova Cannon can fire each turn - provided you don't want to use any
other
weapons, or shields. Wave Guns recharge 1D6 "points" per turn, and need
6
points to fire.

> And what impact does the nova have on "normal" combat? We don't
> want a missile countermeasure that counters all other attacks too.

Depends very much on the scale you're using (as everything else). If you

measure in cm... well, even a 6cm diameter doesn't cover very much (and
that 2cm diameter even less!). If you measure in ", the chance to hit
something increases quite a bit.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Another Stargrunt question Next: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?