Prev: Re: Arms Race Next: Re: Re[2]: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :)

Another Stargrunt question

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 23:57:45 -0400
Subject: Another Stargrunt question

	I asked this once before, long ago, and no one had an answer for
me
other than "don't use drop troops".  But, seeing as how Jon, the Great
and
Terrible, is now among us, I thought I would ask again:
	How far can individual figures move when Reorganizing?	I ask
because, in one of our first games, a unit in fast, heavy Power Armor
was
dropped from orbit and ended up scattered widely across the board.  All
intact, remarkably enough, but none closer than 8 inches to another man.
would assume that the unit would attempt to come together either at the
intended drop point or at the unit's officer, but how much movement do
they
get to regain unit integrity?  The book says only that Reorganization
allows
figures to be moved "short distances", and this does not help much under
the
circumstances.	So what's the deal?  I'm thinking of putting together a
scenario that would involve several units of drop troops, but I want to
know
how to work things first.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Arms Race Next: Re: Re[2]: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :)