Prev: Re[2]: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :) Next: Base Destruction

Re: New Armor

From: Marshall Grover <mgrover@m...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 05:07:46 -0400
Subject: Re: New Armor

>Armor
>Mass 0 Cost 50% hull cost/Level
>	Every level of armor adds additional damage points to the ship’s
first row
>of damage boxes, equal to 15% of the total number of damage points for
that
>ship (rounded down, but never less than 1 box per level).  These extra
>damage points should be shaded to distinguish them as armor, as they do
not
>count towards determining crew as regular damage points do.
>	Cost is 50% of the hull cost per level, with a maximum of 2
levels.  Every
>level of armor reduces the maximum thrust of that ship by 1, but does
not
>subtract from the ship’s actual thrust rating (e.g. A ship with two
levels
>of armor may have a maximum thrust of 6).
>	(Note: these rules completely replace the Kra’vak Armor rules on
MT p. 25;
>armor no longer gives bonuses to manuvering, nor does it convey any
special
>resistance to any particular weapon).
>

>These rules were a modification of an idea stolen from somebody else on
>this list, to whom I would gladly give credit if I could remember who
they
>were.

Great minds think alike, these rules are very close to the B5 armor
rules I
wrote up, except they don't reduce thrust (makes the math a wee bit
difficult)

Armor								Cost: .5
ship mass per level
Each level of armor adds 1 row of damage boxes to the ship; these boxes
must be destroyed before the normal boxes and don't count for threshold
checks.

Marshall

 Marshall Grover

"A Jedi's greatest enemy is himself." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prev: Re[2]: How to kill base 101 or rock can kill everything :) Next: Base Destruction