Prev: Re: I've been off the list for 6 weeks, any goss, announcements? Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: Gary Ballard <gdaddy@m...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:26:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> Anyway, it's a moot point since
>
> a) I'd bring enough missiles to do it in one volley. Wanna see the
point
> calculations? Show me a base, and I'll show a missile force that
> completely obliterates it for half the price.

No, I do not want to see the points calculations. I've played with
people who can do points calculations for this vs that for all the games
we play, and as a result of their over-cheesing forces, I don't play
with them anymore. If you want to play with bases and you are worried
that missle boats will ruin the game, restrict said base games to allow
the base to survive long enough to make it a fun game. Shouldn't really
matter how you do it, so long as everyone has fun. This is a game, not a
math excercise, or an excercise in who's got the biggest ..... whatever
you measure your machismo with. This discussion began with a simple
suggestion about a new defense, i.e. the sandcaster(least I think it
did, there have been so many messages, I'm no longer sure). Whether or
not something is REALISTIC is irrelevant, because this is a game of
hypothetical technology which requires you to suspend disbelief.

Let's move on to a more interesting topic. PLEASE.

Gary A. Ballard
gdaddy@misnet.com

Prev: Re: I've been off the list for 6 weeks, any goss, announcements? Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII