Prev: Re: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

RE: Re :FT Mailing List

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 23:47:36 -0400

Yeah, I'm glad SOMEBODY can get onto AOL to get to this cool list.

And yep, you shouldn't have. I've got an AOL account too.

To keep this on topic:

Scenario:  The battle for InStarNet Gate (Bill)  _the AISP's vs. the
AOLERS_
(Advanced Internet Service Providers v. the AOL folks JIC you din't
kno.)

In a far off quadrant of the galaxy, two races face off. One a haughty,
overconfident race of thin, space dwelling technoweenies.

The other a doughy looking hive mind race, new to space travel, and
unversed in the much touted 'spetiquette', the rules of the spaceways.

Rationale: Space travel is accomplished by use of the InStarNet, where
travel over great distances is usually fairly straightforward, if
technically complex. Recently, with the Collapse of the Applonian
Empire, and loosing of its grip on biotechnical 'gooey' drives, the
Aolari, a populous race not known for their shyness, or their manners,
exploded throughout the portions of the galaxy served by the InStarNet.
Their precious 'interstellar bandwith' sapped, the members of the
Aispian Confab, a loose band of Technocracies, not generally known for
their human warmth and acceptance began a smear campaign against the
poor Aolians..... Now it has come to blows, the flashpoint, InStarNet
Gate Bill, where a small group of Aispi and Aoli will collide.....

Special Aolian rules
No Damage Control Parties Available
Weapons have all arc fire

Aoli Disturber (4) Frigate
MS 8 DP:4
Thrust 4
2xB all-round fire
1 PDAF

Aoli Lurker (2) Stealth Destroyer
MS 14 DP:7
Thrust 2
2xA all round fire
1xPDAF
Cloak

Aoli Downloader (1) Light Carrier
MS 70 DP:35
Thrust 2
4xFighter Bays
4xC All-round fire
4xPDAF

Aoli Interrupter (2) Light Cruiser
MS 22 DP:11
Thrust 4
1xAA All-round fire
4xC All-round fire
2xADAF

Aispi Special Rules:

Move as Kra'vak

Flamers are crewed by fanatic anti-Aolian warrior-priests, if all
weapons are destroyed, they will always attempt to ram.

Aispi are delicate space dwellers, their ships are less durable than the
simple Aolians, they have damage points as merchant ships (1/4 MS)

Aispi Administrator (6) Corvette
MS 8 DP:2
Thrust 8
2xR1 FF

Aispi Flamer (2) Destroyer
MS 12 DP:6
Thrust 8
2xR2
2xPTT FF

Aispi Technocrat (1)
MS 60 DP:30
4xR3 FF
2xPTT FF
4xR1 2P 2S

The fight is near the stargate, it is an indestructible structure in the
center of the play area. Each turn roll 2d6 for reinforcements.
2 1d6 Aoli Disturbers
3 2 Aoli Disturbers
4 1 Aoli Lurker
5-8 Nothing
9 2 Aispi Administrators
10 2 Aispi Flamers
11 Neutral Transport
12 Galactic Cops (ends scenario)

Victory conditions since both sdes are pretty much idiots, they'll both
consider themselves the victors. But for our purposes each capital ship
destroyed counts as 3 points, each Cruiser 2, each escort one, simply
tally the points up. Neutral transports are mass 40 tourliners, unarmed,
they are worth negative 3 points if attacked.

Isn't prejudice EFFING ridiculous.

Gene
Eugene.M.George@kp.org & Sevrenn@AOL.com

>On Fri, 2 May 1997 RDunn23444@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>  I Request to subscribe to the Full Thrust Mailing List,and the
BITNET